Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Song by Heany.

I have never been a fan of poetry. I have always thought it was too difficult too understand and it requires too much work to interpret it. To be honest, I will probably continue to think that way no matter how many poems I read. Reading "Field Work" by Heaney has been real difficult for me. I have had to re read things several times and have a dictionary next to me as well. One poem that I found easier to understand than the rest was "Song", don't get me wrong though I still had a difficult time interpreting it.

One of my favorite lines of that poem was:

"And that moment when the bird sings very close

To the music of what happens" (Heaney).

I think that this line pretty much summarizes the poem because it talks about love. I also had to look up several words, for example I looked up rowan, which took me a while to find the meaning of it but I eventually found it. It means mountain ash.

1 comment:

  1. Luis, good read of the poem! There are a lot of references in the poem to nature. Why do you think Heaney talks so much about nature?

    ReplyDelete