Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reading Responce 10/18

“We will proceed no further in this business. He hath honored me of late, and I have bought golden opinions from all sorts of people, which would be worn now in their newest gloss, not cast aside so soon” (Shakespeare 21).

This quote is from “Macbeth” by William Shakespeare and it displays how Macbeth no longer wants to kill Duncan. Moments before telling this to Lady Macbeth, Macbeth realizes that the king is a relative who loves him and that if he murders him he would be committing a sin. He states to Lady Macbeth that he wants to enjoy his position longer. A question I have and can’t wait to find out is if Lady Macbeths taunts will affect him and/or if he will carry out the murder. After reading this act for the first time I was very confused and didn’t understand much of it at all. I read it again, and then one more time to get a better understanding. The main thing that stuck out to me was the language, or the way he rights. It is very amazing but at times very hard to interpret the point that Shakespeare is trying to get across. Some of the things that I do that help me interpret this play include, breaking down the individual scenes before moving on, acting out the actual play, and if necessary use a modern English version. Overall I do not have much experience with plays so I'm looking forward to read and analyze this play and get a better understanding of plays in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment