Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Response to Macbeth Act2

This act is about how Macbeth murders King Duncan. I thought this was interesting, because Macbeth had been feeling pressure from his wife to do it when he didn't really want to do it to get the crown in the first place-- no matter how enticing this prophecy sounded to him. This says a lot about Macbeth's integrity. He doesn't want to cheat his way to the top. However, the same cannot be said for Lady Macbeth. She depicts a very dominant role, considering she is a woman in the Elizabethan Era. Women in that time and for a few hundred years after that still didn't have the same mentality or will as Lady Macbeth.
This scene is what I have decided to write about for my paper. I find their intentions/wills to be somewhat ironic. I'm surprised Macbeth actually went through with this conspiracy. I thought his innocent conscience would keep him from doing it, and therefore maybe we would have seen Lady Macbeth commit the crime. After all, she's the one who wanted this to happen for the sake of the crown. But I wonder how Macbeth will adapt or change once he is King of Scotland. Will he still feel guilty? Will anyone find out? What will become of him?

Casi F.

No comments:

Post a Comment