Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MACBETH ACT 2


"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red." (Act 2, Scene 2, Line 63-66)

In this quote, Macbeth acknowledges that fact that he is guilty. Though the blood can be washed from his hands, the guilty feeling he is suffering cannot be.  He is wondering if the Roman god of the sea’s ocean will wash the guilt from his hands. He recognizes that his hand committed the deed. If he were to try and wash his guilt clean, he knows his hand would turn the many and vast seas red with blood, making the green color of the oceans a pervasive red because of his dreadful actions in killing Duncan.

I am starting to get into the play more and finding myself excited at times wanting to read it. Although, I am still struggling throughout, finding it extremely hard at times to understand was is truly going on. While this is difficult for me I am enjoying researching and finding definitions of different words that helps me understand the play more.   

1 comment:

  1. Wesley !
    I agree with you , it is more interesting than I thought it would be. And although I don't understand every single line, I still can figure out what is suppose to be going on. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete