Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Field Work - Things I Noticed

Within the book Field Work written by Seamus Heaney, there was a poem titled Field Work as well. This poem has four parts and the main thing I noticed in all of them was a lot of reference to nature. Some examples being: fern, moon, Atlantic and Pacific waters, leaves, tree, sunflower, and butterflies. I think that Heaney is very observant and you can see this in his writings because he states his surroundings and uses a lot of imagery depicting scenery. After reading this poem once, I was very confused and needed to look up terms and then read it again and again. After this I broke down the separate parts, stanzas, and lines, and was able to understand a lot more. The most important part to me was that Heaney was talking about a tree but comparing it to a woman. Overall I understand the basics of the poem but I was not able to find a “hidden meaning.”

No comments:

Post a Comment