Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MACBETH ACT 1

Having to sit down and read MacBeth, I find it very difficult. I always seem to lose track of which character says what because I am trying to read it as if it was a regular novel. I also do not like reading it because it is written almost as if it is a poem with all the different rhyme schemes. It also seems as if it is written in a completely different language at times. However, I am still trying to to learn from this experience and trying understand William Shakespeare and the play MacBeth.

First Witch "All hail, Macbeth! Hail to thee, Thane of Glamis!"
Second Witch "All hail, Macbeth! Hail to thee, Thane of Cawdor!"
Third Witch "All hail, Macbeth, that shalt be king hereafter!"

I am still trying to understand the purpose of the witches in the play and who they are because Macbeth and Bonquo are questioning the reality of the witches. However, in these quotes I find as if they will be for shadowing the future. I believe that Macbeth will betray someone in order to be King. I think this because the "all hail" is referred to by Shakespeare, Juda's betrayal to Jesus. Overall I am enjoying the struggle to find out the meaning of things, however I am really finding it difficult to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment