Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Zeitoun Reading Response 11/15

"Neither of them could operate their home, their company, their lives or days without the other" (Eggers 16).

I thought this quote was adorable, but so very true. Just being 16 pages into the book, at that point when I read that quote, I saw that they had a system with each other. Not only were they business partners, but they were definitely partners in life. The quote also represents what kind of people the Zeithouns were. They cared about others, especially their clients and their children. Their life together was their life with the kids and with the clients. They did their very best to make everyone in their lives happy. This book is intriguing because I feel as if it is too raw that you would have to try hard to not picture each scene. Although it is simply described, I can see each and every scene clearly in my mind. I think there is a good amount of description in the novel so far. Since Hurricane Katrina was a real event and it wasn't too long ago, it definitely keeps me on my toes. I am waiting to see what happens to the family and their company. Honestly, this is the first book that I've wanted to read ahead in. It shows a real life scenario with real people.

1 comment:

  1. Are their any influences that you think make up this system that Kathy and Zeitoun have?

    ReplyDelete