Monday, November 7, 2011

The Nightly Walk of Lady Macbeth



I really like this video because I find the character of Lady Macbeth to be very interesting, and the actress who portrays her in this clip is one of my favorite actresses! It was really helpful to watch this video because I was able to gain an even better understanding of the depth of Lady Macbeth's guilt and regret. From the reading I didn't realize that Lady Macbeth felt such sorrow over her sins because she was always portrayed as a masculine woman who was void of emotion. Yet, this video shows Lady Macbeth as a person who is so overcome by her emotions that the bone-chilling cry that she uttered caused me to mute the movie for a few seconds! Although I am sure that there are thousands of renditions of Lady Macbeth's sleep walking scene, I found this one to be very enlightening and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment