Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lady Macbeth Video

I choose this video of Lady Macbeth's monologue.  It seems like a stage performance because it is only the actors and nothing else.  I am sure this is how Shakespeare intended it to be performed.  Her commitment to the performance is outstanding.  Listening to her speak the words really helps me to understand Lady Macbeth's character.  The dynamics in her voice help to make the performance so strong. I really enjoyed this video because it really allowed to listener to take in what she is saying because there are no sets or elaborate costumes to distract the audience member.  Her pauses in the speech shows how great of an actress she is.  Her passion in this video is not like any of the other video I have found.  This is how Shakespeare wanted his plays to be performed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment