Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Macbeth Web Crawl


I chose this Animaniacs video of the scene with the witches. I chose this video because it shows the ridiculousness of the idea of witches. The fact that Macbeth went so far as to murder those in power just because witches like the ones in the video told him of a prophecy. When I first read the first scene of the play, this is something similar that I saw in my mind. I do not believe in the supernatural and as a personal opinion, I think it's silly. Therefore, I saw cartoons like such running around and doing nonsense. I also just found this video to be cute in explaining how witches supposedly work with their cauldrons. The narrator did a good job in interpreting Shakespeare's words into words that can definitely be more understood.

1 comment:

  1. i too saw this when i went on youtube it reminded me of my childhood and found it interesting and very close to the play we are reading in class..it gives a good description to the witches

    ReplyDelete