Monday, November 7, 2011

Macbeth Audio

http://www.wiredforbooks.org/mp3/MacbethAct4.mp3

Like we saw in class, if we search for a video for Macbeth, we will most likely find millions of results. When I saw some of the videos, I found that different versions of it might diverge the audience from the real Macbeth, and I wanted something closer to the reality of the play. So I searched for an audio file and this one was pretty fascinating. The actors reading the lines did a wonderful job expressing the feelings and the aspects of the characters. The actresses that played the witches actually scared me, because their voice along with the spells and the magic went so well together in a creepy way! I think having this audio file to listen to is very useful because believe it or not, hearing the play creates images in one's mind, and it makes it easier for people to envision what's going on. Another reason why I found this very useful and interesting is the fact that the acting gave the lines more context. When I was reading the play by myself, I simply read the lines without a tone, intensity, or feeling. These actors however gave the lines more life and more context, and it gave the characters more personality and depth.

- Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment